MG SA Saloon
Â£18000 - 22000*
As a result of MG's sale to Morris Motors in 1935, rationalisation was the company's priority during 1935, and all new models shared as many parts as possible with other members of the burgeoning Nuffield Organisation. First off the stocks was the all-new 2-litre (subsequently dubbed the SA). It was a large car by MG standards that was only available as a four-door Saloon at launch, but subsequently offered in Tourer and Tickford Drophead Coupe guise as well. Power came from a tuned version of the straight-six Morris QPHG OHV engine, initially in 2288cc form but later enlarged to 2322cc - the 75bhp output was sufficient to endow the MG with a top speed of up to 85mph.
This right-hand drive SA saloon was manufactured in 1936 and we are informed that the engine, gearbox and axles are all 'part' restored and the frame plus body are in 'good' shape finished in primer with the work taking place in the 1980's before the MG was dry stored. Offered for sale by its long-term keeper, 'SA 1857' is offered with its original title document from Pennsylvania and import paperwork. An interesting project.
Imperial War Museum Duxford